Resources for Visitors
Visitor Information Form (For Faculty Hosts): https://forms.gle/GjemQ4dHXZqerGX67
Current COVID-19 Visitor Policy - https://ehs.stanford.edu/topic/covid-19/visitors-and-vendors
- Confirm arrival and departure dates
- If travelling internationally and receiving reimbursement/compensation, complete LA-6 form and submit copies of visa and passport to visitor reimbursement form (the link to this form will be sent via email)
- On arrival, check in at front desk for office assignment and keys, internet access and parking information
- On departure, check out at front desk to return keys and/or equipment borrowed during stay
- Within 10 days of departure, fill out visitor reimbursement form submit receipts and any other documentation required for your reimbursement of expense (if receiving reimbursement)
Before you arrive:
Please confirm your date of arrival and departure with your faculty host or email Allison Winsatt (awinsatt [at] stanford.edu). This will ensure that your office assignment, wireless access connection, lodging and any other needs are taken care of prior to your arrival. Once confirmed, you will receive a welcome letter via email with some useful information about your stay.
Arriving in the Department:
It is important that you check in at the front reception desk. At that time, you will receive your office assignment, keys, internet access, and parking information. If you have not completed the LA-6 Declaration of Tax Status (required for foreign visitors), you will need to do so before your visit ends. Photocopies of your passport and visa documentation (required) will be made if you’re traveling from a foreign country.
Leaving the Department:
Prior to leaving, please check out at the front reception desk and return the keys and any equipment borrowed. If you leave after office hours or on weekends, please leave the key(s) in the lock box located by the front reception area. If applicable, ensure that you fill out the visitor reimbursement form within 10 days of departure.
Purchasing Virtual Parking Permits:
Step 1 – Go to transportation.stanford.edu/order
Step 2 – Click on the “Log in as visitor”
Step 3 – Log in as visitor
Returning visitor: enter user name or email & password.
New visitor: Click on “first time user”. Create a visitor account.
Step 4 – You are logged into the online ordering portal
A “visitor” must be sponsored by the Math Department to purchase parking permits. Once you set up your visitor’s account go into “my account” and click on the “sponsorship” tab to “request sponsorship” form. Once the department accepts your sponsorship request you will be able to purchase virtual parking permits.
San Jose International Airport and San Francisco International Airport are both approximately 25 miles from the University. Both airports connect to the local transit hub for bus and train services at the Palo Alto Caltrain Station, located near the main entrance to campus near the intersections of Palm Drive, University Avenue, and El Camino Real. Other transportation services such as, Uber or Super Shuttle are also excellent options if public transportation is unavailable. Both airports have a Rental Car Center that allows travelers to pick up and drop off rental cars at one convenient, central location. Providers like Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National and Thrifty car rental counters are among the variety. Once you arrive at Stanford University, The Stanford Marguerite Shuttle, the University’s free shuttle bus, operates several routes. Marguerite Shuttle provides service from the Caltrain Station to multiple campus locations and its surrounding areas.
The following are housing options near campus if you are responsible for making your own arrangements:
- Oak Creek Apartments are conveniently located adjacent to Stanford University and Highways 101 and 280. Apartment homes include studios, one - and two - bedroom floor plans, in addition to fully furnished and accessorized corporate suites.
- Stanford University Classifieds
Contact information for questions regarding:
General Visitor Inquiries: Main Office, mathfrontdesk [at] stanford.edu, 620-725-6284
MRC Inquiries: Contact Allison Winsatt, awinsatt [at] stanford.edu, 650-725-1515
We look forward to your visit and hope to make your stay with us a pleasant and productive one.