In support of its mission the Mathematics Research Center provides funding for the following:
- Long-term visitor program
- Seminar series (funding requests not required unless request is for a new seminar topic)
- Annual public lectures
- Distinguished and Named Lecture Series
- Mathematical meetings and events
Guidelines on how to request funding:
To request funding from the MRC that meets the criteria above please follow these guidelines:
- Use the "links" listed in the menu to compete a funding request form. This form will be directed to both the Director of the MRC and the Program Administrator. These links require a SUnet ID for login.
- Once reviewed, you will receive an approval for funding or a request for additional information if needed. After approval, the program administrator will add this item to the budget and will track the expenses.
- If your request is for visitor funding, a visitor form will be created and will detail how the visitor is to be compensated, i.e., reimbursement, honorarium, salary. Please try to give as much information as possible on your request.
- Your visitor should check in with Mandy Ferguson Hoyt, the MRC Program Administrator while he/she is at Stanford to ensure all information is gathered for a timely reimbursement of expenses.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Mandy Ferguson Hoyt at 650-725-1515 or email at email@example.com.
Seminar Lecture Series Funding Facts:
- Each seminar topic area has a dedicated annual budget supported by the MRC to fund visitors to deliver lectures in their specific mathematical field. Questions regarding the allocated budget amount and remaining balance should be directed to Mandy Ferguson Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is the responsibility of the seminar organizer to stay within the allocated annual budget.
- Expenses – please bear in mind that local hotels are very costly and are currently averaging $250-400 per night. It is not unusual for a speaker’s travel expenses to exceed $1000 per visit.
- A seminar visitor’s primary purpose is to deliver a lecture, and the University allows for reimbursement of travel expenses for one day before and after the lecture. If your visitor will be here for an extended period of time, please submit a funding request through the Visitor Program. A visitor form should be completed and given to the front desk receptionist.
- Honorarium is rarely offered to a seminar speaker, and if it is, the amount is nominal. If you would like to request an honorarium for your speaker please submit a funding request to receive approval.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact Mandy Ferguson Hoyt at 650-725-1515 or email@example.com